In this tutorial, I will show you how to create WordPress plugin file with its header as shown in above.
- Navigate to the WordPress Plugin directory (wp-content/plugins)
- Create a new sub directory in the plugin folder called my-plugin
- Navigate to this directory and create a new PHP file called my-plugin.php
- Open the my-plugin.php file and add the following text below:
/* * Plugin Name: My Plugin * Plugin URI: https://mypluginurl.com * Description: This is my new plugin * Version: 1..0.0 * Requires at least: 5.2 * Requires PHP: 7.2 * Author: Author Name * Author URI: https://author-url.com * License: GPL v2 or later * License URI: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html * Text Domain: my-plugin * Domain Path: /languages */
- save and close the file.
- Login to WordPress Admin page and go to WordPress dashboard, select plugin tab, you will see that My Plugin is part of the listed plugin.
- Enable the plugin by clicking Activate.
- You have successfully created a plugin file with its header.